Do you have a special event or occasion, or a unique story to share about your company? If so, you should be sharing it in a press release.
Press releases are an excellent way to keep your company in the spotlight. They allow you to share with your allies, employees, customers, and prospects what you are doing in your industry.
When you distribute a press release to the masses through a service like PR Newswire or PR Web, you increase your chances of getting picked up by hundreds of major media outlets including magazines, newspapers, top media websites and broadcast TV affiliates. Press releases can help open the door to inquiring minds – people who want to learn more about what you do.
Whenever you distribute a press release you should also post it on your company website and email it to your lists.
To give you some ideas, here’s a short list of possible reasons for you to write and distribute a press release right now.
- New products that solve unique problems
- Business start-up
- Partnerships, especially with well-known entities
- Strategic alliances with other companies in same industry
- New or innovative business strategy
- Restructuring your company
- Taking your company public
- Overcoming a major challenge that’s known to the public
- Important executive retiring or resigning
- Comment from company executives regarding business or economic trends
- Announcement of research results
- Major anniversary
- Major new client acquisition
- Company revenue, sales growth
- Company name change
- Winning of a major award or receiving national recognition
- Company presenting an award
- Company sponsoring an event
- Receiving sponsorship for a company event
- Receiving industry accreditation or certification
- Holding a free learning event such as a seminar or workshop
- Issuing a statement popular subject that positions your company as a leader
- Important, free information available to your target market
- Company speaker’s bureau
- Community work or philanthropic support
- Major company milestone such as a 25th anniversary or hiring of 1,000th employee
- New board of directors
- New website that offers more value and better functionality for visitors
A press release is a very cost-effective way to reach more of your market while positioning your company as a leader in your industry. The time to start reaching more customers and clients is now.[sc name=”Monica No-PR-Firm Bio”]